Traveling To The Philippines
STANDARD PROCEDURE/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING A TEMPORARY VISITOR’S VISA
Application for a temporary visitor’s visa must be made in person. In the case of a minor under eighteen (18) years of age, the application may be made for him by a person who, in the opinion of the consular officer, is responsible for his/her welfare. The minor, not an infant in arms, shall be required to appear at the Consulate for interview, together with the person making the application for him/her.
Applicants for temporary visitor’s visa should normally apply at the Philippine Embassy or Consulate that has jurisdiction over their place of residence. While some visa applicants may apply at any Philippine Embassy or Consulate abroad, others are only allowed to apply his/her visa at the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in his country of origin or legal residence.
The following are the minimum requirements for applying a temporary visitor’s visa:
- Passport/Travel Document Valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines;
- Duly Accomplished Visa application forms;
- Passport Photos (2 pieces);
- Proof of bona fide status as tourist or businessman;
- Confirmed tickets for return or onward journey to the next port of destination; and
- Payment of Visa Fees