Guidelines for Abstract Submissions to the 3rd International Developmental Pediatrics Association Congress (IDPAC), “Transdisciplinary Intervention: Ideas in Action”, December 9-12, 2019 Manila, Philippines
Call For Abstracts
With great pleasure, we invite abstracts for poster and oral presentation to the 3rd International Developmental Pediatrics Association Congress to be held in Manila, Philippines from December 9 – 12, 2019.
Abstract submission open from: April 15 to July 15, 2019
Please read the IDPAC rules and guidelines carefully before submitting.
IDPA CONGRESS RULES
Abstracts are invited in two broad categories:
- Research: Refers to work that has a research question, hypotheses, research methodology and results and discussion.
- Models/Programs: Refers to work related to developmental pediatrics that is not research but that can be showcased as a model for low and middle income countries (LMIC) and/or that is a program that has been in effect with positive outcomes for children and/or families.
Specific Abstract Categories:
01a Early Intervention Program
01f Complementary and Alternative
01g Nutritional services
01h Use of adaptive equipments/gadgets/devices
01i Parent training
01j Inclusion in school and community
02 Early Childhood Development
03 Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
04 Risk Factors for Developmental Disabilities
05 Children in crisis, humanitarian emergencies, war refugees and its impact on development
06 Use of technology in diagnosis
07 Advocacy for children with disabilities
- All submitted Research and Models/Programs must have been conducted in or involve children and families from at least one low or middle income country as per World Bank list. (*This includes refugee/ immigrant children and families from a low or middle income country or special minority populations such as Roma, indigenous children)
- The Congress language is ENGLISH. All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English.
- Abstracts must be submitted only via IDPAC 2019 Congress website system.
- The presenting author must register for and attend IDPAC 2019.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission and approve the content.
- Priority will be given to Research and Models/Programs that have been conducted in more than one low or middle-income country.
- Priority will be given to Research and Models/Programs where the first author is from a low or middle-income country.
- Research and Models/Programs that have been conducted only in high-income countries will be rejected, except those involving children* and families from low or middle-income countries (e.g. work done on refugee children in high income countries).
- Abstracts that pertain to general child health/pediatric topics without a specific child development/disability focus will be rejected.
- Abstracts presented in IDPC 2015 and 2017 (poster or oral presentation) will not be accepted for IDPAC 2019.
- Abstract which present with the same findings drawn from the same study but submitted by another author will be rejected.
- Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be considered.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details, email address, full postal address, telephone number
- Author and co-authors’ details, full first and family name(s), Affiliation details viz. department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country.
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
- Abstract layout – Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections: Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- References are not obligatory and word count is affected by inclusion of references.
- Tables, graphs and images are NOT permitted.
- Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED BEFORE THE DEADLINE (July 15 2019, 5 PM Philippine Standard Time) in order to be sent for review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
- No changes can be made to abstracts once they are finally submitted. You are welcome to bring an updated poster to the congress.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
The Abstract Committee will review all submitted abstracts. Only a small number of abstracts that will be chosen by the Abstract Review Committee will be presented as oral presentations; a larger number as posters. Notification regarding abstract acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the submitting author via e-mail by August 15, 2019. Scheduling details and instructions for oral/poster presentations will be included in future correspondence.
The Abstract Committee decision shall be final and binding.
After the acceptance notification, the presenting author must register for the IDPA Congress on or before August 31, 2019 to ensure that their abstract/s will be included in the oral/poster program for presentation.
Disclaimer: The Abstract Review Committee is not responsible for any misrepresentation of information by the delegates.
Important Dates to Remember:
Abstract Submission Open: April 15, 2019
Abstract Submission Deadline: July 15, 2019, 17:00 Philippine Standard Time
Notification of Acceptance: August 15, 2019
Deadline of Pre-registration: August 31, 2019