IDPA (International Developmental Pediatrics Association)
The mission of IDPA is to create a scientific international platform to connect and support clinicians, researchers and policy makers working in the field of Developmental Pediatrics and Allied Disciplines from around the world to address the inequity in how children are supported to develop to their full potential.
Vision and Core Values
The vision of IDPA is to achieve equity in developmental pediatrics and related services for children and families around the world.
The core values of IDPA are:
- Science and partnership for equity
- Holistic, family-centered, strengths-based, community oriented, transdisciplinary capacity building
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities
BOARD OF TRUSTEES International Developmental Pediatrics Association:
DR. ILGI ERTEM
- Founding President of the International Developmental Pediatrics Association (IDPA)
- Professor of developmental pediatrics at Ankara University, Turkey.
- Advisor to WHO and UNICEF on child development and disability.
- Zero to Three Fellow
- Fogarty International Center Women Global Health Scholar
- Visiting professor at Yale University.
- Developer of the International Guide for Monitoring Child Development.
- Author of the WHO published Developmental Difficulties in Early Childhood
DR. RICARDO HALPERN
- Development and Behavioral Pediatrician. Associate Professor of Pediatrics – Universidade Federal de CienciasMédicas de Porto Alegre
- Member of the Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics Section of the Brazilian Society of Pediatrics.
- Head of Pediatrics in theHospital da Criança Santo Antonio ( HCSA) /ISCMPA/ Porto Alegre.
- Head of Developmental and Behavioral Clinic Hospital da Criança Santo Antonio ( HCSA) /ISCMPA/ Porto Alegre.
DR. GHASSAN ISSA
- Co-founder and the general coordinator of an Arab regional non-governmental organization, The Arab Resource Collective (ARC) that was established in 1988
- Director of the Arab Program for Early Childhood Development (APECD
- Senior Advisor of National Strategy for Early Childhood Development for the Higher Council of Childhood of the Lebanese Ministry of Social Affairs.
- Staff member of the Pediatrics department of the Faculty of medicine of the Lebanese University.
- Chairperson of the Lebanese National Certification Committee on Poliomyelitis Eradication and Measles and German Measles control.
- Member of the Technical Advisory Committee on Early Childhood Development of the International Pediatric Association (IPA) and the Middle East and North Africa Health Policy Forum (MENA-HPF).
- Member of the People’s Health Movement (PHM), co-founder of its MENA region chapter (PHM-MENA
- General Secreatery and Chief Editor Lebanese Paediatrics Society
- Member of the Continuous Medical Education committee of the Lebanese Syndicate of Physicians.
DR. VIBHA KRISHNAMURTHY
- Current President, International Developmental Pediatrics Association
- Founder and Executive Director, Ummeed Child Development Center
- Member, expert committees related to Early Childhood Development and Disability for the WHO and Government of India.
- Member, Editorial Board of the Journal of Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics
DR. ALEXIS REYES
- Associate Professor III in Pediatrics at the University of the Philippines, College of Medicine
- Section Head of Developmental Pediatrics at the Philippine General Hospital and concurrent Head of the Atty. Jose Miguel Arroyo Developmental and Behavioral Studies Unit
- Section Head of Developmental Pediatrics, Makati Medical Center
- Adviser and former Section Head of the Neurodevelopmental Section of the Child Neuroscience Center at the Philippine Children’s Medical Center.
- Past President of the Philippine Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Coordinator of the Philippine Autism Study Group, National Institutes of Health, Manila and Global Autism Public Health Initiatives (GAPH- Philippines)
- Board of Trustees of the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD), Learning disabilities/dyslexia (WORDLAB and EDLINK ), Parent Advocates for the Visually Impaired (PAVIC) and Freedom Technology ( Wheelchairs for the Handicapped)
DR. NENAD RUDIC
- Psychiatry consultant, The Institute of Mental Health, Belgrade, Serbia
- Head of Day hospital for children with developmental disorders.
DR. MPHELE MULAUDZI
RENATO SANTOS COELHO
EZGI OZALP AKIN
JEAN PAUL RUKABYARWEMA
MA. ROCHELLE PACIFICO
PSDBP (Philippine Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics)
A society of developmental and behavioral pediatricians leading the way towards excellence in the care of the child with special needs.
To make every Filipino child, particularly those with special needs attain the best quality of life through competent, compassionate, collaborative and ethical care.
List of Key Members